Sunday, November 16, 2008

How long is too long? (Heh.... heh)

So if I said I've been upset about my ex for almost three years, I'm sure there's a lot of people that would say I was nuts. "What's so damn special about him?" I think that's the part that makes me the most upset. He's not that damn special. He wasn't that good of a guy to start out with; I could have done tons better than that. So why am I still upset? I think anyone who happens to read this has just as good a guess as I do. Probably the fact that I've been essentially single for those three years and haven't had a chance to focus on someone else.
I think what I'm looking for is a new boyfriend. I think that's what I need. I tend to get to that point where the guy I've got my eye on ends up being too good of a friend for not awkward dating though. And I've tried that- dating one of my guy friends. Didn't work out so well.
Tonight after the play, I noticed my ex (who plays a damn good drunk guy in a play, I might add) was talking to a girl and his parents and stuff. And of course, me being the jealous/ psycho-bitch ex (I'm not that bad anymore, really. I try to not acknowledge that he exists. And I was only bad before because of his psycho-bitch girlfriend) I immediately go "Holy God he's dating some chick!" and start mentally flipping out. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly; I wasn't that upset, but I guess I felt like I should be. Maybe I've just got one of those stone hearts that doesn't really feel anything anymore, but I don't think that's it. Usually it's the complete opposite. I tend to feel too much.
But what does that mean, feeling too much? Should we feel like we feel too much? I don't believe we should. But does that change the feeling? Probably not.
I sound like a complete emo kid, I understand. I think that's the really relieving thing about this blog- whether or not anyone reads it, it's out there. I have a potential audience to which I can vent anonymously. It's very freeing. I just hope it works for me. I think I'm getting really good at being a generally happy, or at least complacent, person, but stress builds up and.... aaagh! I just gotta let it out! Hopefully this is going to give me a chance to let it out.

1 comment:

Kinsey Blaine said...

I am exactly the same - and it's been about three years for me too