Saturday, November 15, 2008

Epiphany No. 1

I think I had a semblance of an epiphany today. In the pit orchestra today, the guy that sits next to me had me listen to a song on his iPod. I didn't know it; it was jazz and I don't listen to much of that. I didn't even care for the song much. But I realized the guy on stage was saying his lines perfectly in time as the song and fitting the mood completely. Somehow both of them connected and it was as if they were happening together. I believe everything is connected; everyone seems to have the same general mood as everyone else most of the time, for example. But somehow this stage/iPod experience completely reinforced the concept I had already believed in .
I think the hardest thing for me is realizing there are coincidences. I'm logical- I like to believe everything happens for a reason, and maybe if I look hard enough I will find the reason. I don't want to think there's a coincidence, because coincidence means a lack of control. Control is what governs the emotions and actions of humans. Most people will choose to be in a situation in which they have some control. Granted, sometimes we're all a little apathetic. I think, though, that if we realized we did not have any control over the choice, we would not be so apathetic.
Well. 11:11. Hopefully it will work this time. If not, there's always tomorrow.
:)

No comments: